Kinesiology is a health science for people of all ages who wish to maintain or improve their health through physical activity. Movement is at the heart of the kinesiologist’s approach, whether the goal is prevention, treatment or performance.
Why consult a kinesiologist?
A kinesiologist is an expert in physical activity. His role ranges from prevention to rehabilitation and includes the development of physical abilities, teaching movement and promoting healthy lifestyles. You can consult a kinesiologist to:
- Improve your physical condition (cardiovascular endurance, strength, flexibility, etc.);
- Better manage pain;
- Prevent certain health problems related to inactivity (cardiovascular disease, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, etc.);
- Prevent injuries;
- Optimize your sports performance;
- Train under the supervision of a healthcare professional;
- Have technical and motivational support for training.
Kinesiologists often intervene in rehabilitation, and in collaboration with physiotherapists, to optimize gains and prevent the recurrence of injuries. They also work with mental health occupational therapists, since physical reactivation combined with a healthy lifestyle has many psychological health benefits.
What are the benefits of kinesiology?
The kinesiologist will help you integrate physical activity into your daily life. By adopting a more active lifestyle, you will experience many benefits for your physical and mental health. For example, kinesiology helps to:
- Improve general well-being;
- Improve physical abilities;
- Reduce stress;
- Improve sleep;
- Gain greater self-confidence;
- Improve mood;
- Increase energy level;
- Improve your quality of life.
What does a kinesiology session entail?
At the beginning of the session, your kinesiologist will ask you questions in order to know your medical history, your symptoms if any, and your goals. He will then do various tests to assess your physical condition and your ability to move.
After his evaluation, your kinesiologist will give you a personalized training program including exercises adapted to your sports preferences, your goals and your physical condition. He will also give you advice to integrate into your daily life to improve your lifestyle and promote your well-being.
Kinesiology services available
- Evaluation of your physical condition
- Development of an exercise program adapted to your physical condition to achieve fitness goals
- Supervised training sessions in clinic, gym or telerehabilitation